Traditional wooden jack plane supplies with two blades. Jack plane preferly used for flattening sheets, beams and boards. Too speed up the flattening process we supply it with two blades: round one for rough flattening and straight one for clean flattening. We had replace the wooden wedge with brass cap mechanism for more secure fix and for minimizing vibrations of hand plane blade during the work.
Main hand plane body was made of maple with brass cap for reliable fixation of the blade, the sole was made of hornbeam, the handle was made of oak. Coating - tung oil and wax.
- hand plane dimensions 325*70*160 mm
- main body made of mapple
- sole made of hornbeam
- cap made of brass
- handle made of oak, cherry or walnut (depends on batch)
- coating - tung oil and wax
Fixing cap is mounted on a strong steel stud, the knob acts as a lever. This design of the clamping cap allows for quick and accurate adjustment of the blade overhang. Body of hand plane was coated with oil. Blade installation angle - 50 °. The blade made of alloy tool steel and hardened to a hardness of 59-61HRC.
- blade installation angle - 50 °
- blade hardness - 59-61HRc
- blade dimensions: length - 175mm
- blade width - 50mm
- blade shape - wedge
- The minimum thickness of the blade is 2.2 mm, the maximum thickness is 3.5 mm
- The blade sharpening angle is 25 ° and the micro chamfer on the edge is 30 °
Jack hand planes are produced by Petrograd toolworks in Saint-Petersburg Russia.
|Blade Steel:||ШХ15 (alloy tool steel)|
|Edge blade 1:||Straight|
|Edge blade 2:||Round|
|Blade lenght:||175 mm|
|Blade width:||50 mm|
|Sole lenght:||325 mm|
Share / Save Link: