Special set of tools for weaving baskets from a vine or manufacturing other wickerwork products: home furniture and containers for various purposes, such as boxes, baskets, vases and other various utensils.
The vine is a natural plant material that can bend easily and keep its shape under normal conditions. Often the material for weaving is willow, rattan and bamboo.
All of the tools are pretty basic and easy to use.
Skew knives are the basis tool for basketry. Knives in this tool set comes with different shapes and thin blades. All knives well sharpened for pleasant work.
Next tools in set is various awls. Awl need to work with rows of rods. It allow you to move apart the rows and weave additional elements into them, especially with openwork weaving. The awl are dull for not to spoil the rods surface.
And last tool is basketry mallet. It used for tapped the rows for alignment.
The set includes:
- Handicraft knife PETROGRAD, oblique sharpening 20 degrees, 20mm / 163mm, universal.
- Handicraft knife PETROGRAD, 60 degrees, 12mm / 100mm, universal.
- Handicraft knife 45 degrees, Denisov's model, oblique sharpening.
- Curved awl for basket weaving D6mm.
- Awl for wicker weaving straight D8mm
- Mallet for weaving Ysere.
- Bag-twist fabric, PETROGRAD, model 1, for cutting tools, 12 pockets.
We are also recommend to purchase some pruning shears.
Basket weaving tool set are produced at Petrograd toolworks in Saint-Petersburg Russia
Share / Save Link: