The vise must be installed on a workbench or other work surface such as massive table. This position is raising the workpiece to a comfortable height for sawing, marking and clear chisel cutting. The front jaw of vise is a clamping jaw. It is firmly fix the workpiece with two screws. Downside of front jaw protrudes downward for easy position vise flush to edge of surface.
- easily and quickly attachment to surface by any fast clamp or bench clamp
- easy vise position, flush to surface edge
- rise worpice for comfortable work
- max width of board for clamping - 380 mm (between screws)
- max thickness of workpice - 30mm (jaw opening)
We make our Moxon vises from solid beech wood, so you can't damage sharp edges of your tools while working with it and if needed you can always make part of it itself.
- vise is made of solid beech wood
- front jaw lenght - 500 mm
- jaw thickness - 45mm
- width between screws - 380 mm
- width of base plate - 100 mm
- lenght of base plate - 545 mm
This model of vise present with wooden screws and handles ( metal screw model here ). Wooden screws can be purchased separately.
- trapezoidal thread
- strong and fast clamp
- handles and screws made of hornbeam*
The Wooden Moxon vise by Petrograd toolworks was designed by Sergey Klein and was based on the early works of Anry Ruobo and Joseph Moxon. Vise have some changes from original work for more compliment work with dovetails and other woodworking joints. Moxon vise do not replace the classic workbench, but it is a devise that expands the arsenal of any master.
- overall dimensions: 580x145x120
- weight - 3.65 kg
- made of soliid beech
- oil coated
Axe Roslavl VII produced by Petrograd toolworks in Saint Petersburg Russia.
|Max width of board:||380 mm|
|Max thickness of workpice:||30 mm|
** we reserve the right to make minor design changes to improve the vise performance.
Share / Save Link: