A complete set of tools for weaving baskets from a vine or manufacturing other wickerwork products: home furniture and containers for various purposes, such as boxes, baskets, vases and other various utensils.
The vine is a natural plant material that can bend easily and keep its shape under normal conditions. Often the material for weaving is willow, rattan and bamboo.
All tools are pretty basic and easy to use.
Skew knives are the basis tool for basketry. Knives in this tool kit comes with different shapes and thin blades. All knives well sharpened for pleasant work.
Next tools in kit is various awls. Awl need to work with rows of rods. It allow you to move apart the rows and weave additional elements into them, especially with openwork weaving. The awl are dull for not to spoil the rods surface.
And last tool is basketry mallet. It used for tapped the rows for alignment.
The complete set of basketry tools are includes:
- Awl PETROGRAD, 165mm, straight blade 80 * 5 * 5mm
- Awl for wicker weaving straight D6mm
- Curved awl for basket weaving D6mm
- Handicraft knife PETROGRAD, oblique sharpening 20 degrees, 20mm / 163mm, universal
- Handicraft knife PETROGRAD, oblique sharpening 30 degrees, 20mm / 167mm, universal
- Handicraft knife PETROGRAD, oblique sharpening 60 degrees, 20mm / 187mm, universal
- Ysere vine weaving mallet
- Polyurethane mallet PETROGRAD, model 1, D70mm, recoilless
- Secateurs Kamaki, closed handle, 210 mm straight blade
- Sharpening water stone PETROGRAD, 120 * 15 * 15mm, 4000grit
- Box 312 * 184 * 75, MGK brown 1.5mm (for planers)
Basket weaving complete tool kit are produced at Petrograd toolworks in Saint-Petersburg Russia
Share / Save Link: